Safety & wellbeing at Fjellborg Arctic Lodge
In a short space of time, our world has unimaginably changed. The COVID-19 pandemic is having a significant impact on all our lives, including the way we socialise, the way we work and the way we travel.
As the situation is constantly evolving, we continue to monitor the recommendations carefully. The health, safety and wellbeing of our guests, employees and community is always our top priority and we follow closely the guidelines established by the leading health authorities (including the World Health Organization) to minimise any opportunity for coronavirus exposure during your stay with us.
It’s worth noting that our private journeys and nature experiences are already well-suited to exploring the great outdoors with safe physical distancing in place. Your transfers are private, and all activities and facilities are private, meaning that you will only socialise with members of your own party during your stay with us. And of course, the vast and beautiful natural world around us is never crowded.
As we welcome back more and more guests to Arctic Lapland, we are pleased to share that we now offer extra flexibility on all new reservations, with free cancellation 30 days prior to arrival, so you can book with confidence.
We would like to thank you for the trust and support you have in us and look forward to welcoming you to Fjellborg Arctic Lodge this winter.
Kenth & Ann Fjellborg
STAY WITH PEACE OF MIND
In light of the impact and changes caused by the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Fjellborg Arctic Lodge has taken the following key preventive measures for the safety and well-being of our guests.
- All our team and staff members are adhering to the latest guidance and hygiene protocols. In accordance with our employment policies, any employee that is not feeling well has been instructed to not come into work. Staff who have come in contact with the virus will not be working.
- Our guides will greet you with smiles instead of handshakes. When the situation requires it, our guides will wear facemasks.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitiser will be available in lodges and in transfer vehicles.
- All guests will be given a wellness kit (mask, gloves, and individual hand sanitisers) upon arrival and will be informed of the local coronavirus regulations.
- As always, we take great care in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout our lodges. In addition to meticulously cleaning our facilities, and paying special attention to high-touch surfaces, we have increased the frequency of cleaning procedures.
- We carry out enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of our vehicles, including snowmobiles and sleds, at every arrival and departure.
- Our Chefs will wear gloves and follow PPE standards.
- Shared equipment will be cleaned and disinfected thoroughly at every arrival and departure.
Please feel free to email us on email@example.com if you have any questions about our response to COVID-19. In the meantime, take care and stay safe!